Only a 90 minute flight from Honiara, Gizo is a tropical treasure trove blessed with sun-drenched lagoons, volcanic islands and pristine waters.
Gizo is renowned for having the most diverse and exciting diving to be found anywhere in the world, from WWII wrecks to numerous offshore reefs, spectacular coral formations, plummeting walls, manta rays and an abundance of marine life.
About Fatboys Resort & The Solomon Islands
The Solomon Islands are an archipelago of 992 tropical islands and atolls, scattered in a gentle curve. They comprise two major parallel island chains
extending some 1800 kilometres from the Shortland Islands in the west to Tikopia and Anuta in the east.
The islands and waters are still a little known pristine paradise. They are particularly special for their remarkable biodiversity, containing thousands of different plant and animal species, especially the marine life. Many species are known only to the Solomons.
Sheltered from the coral sea by the
surrounding islands, Fatboys Resort could be considered the perfect hideaway. Every morning our guests wake to the most picturesque views of Kolombangara
Island, Kennedy Island and many other beautiful coral cays and reefs that dot our warm calm waters.
Fatboys Resort offers a completely unique hideaway and is the ultimate tropical beachside Reef experience. Our bungalows are constructed of traditional leaf and local hardwoods, which are designed to take advantage of the magnificent surroundings. Featuring seductive views of Solomon Islands famous Crystal Clear water and stunning natural scenery. All accommodation is situated on the water's edge with a short stroll to Fatboys Restaurant & Bar located along our private jetty, 100m out over the reef.
Diving in Gizo
The Solomon Islands are renowned for
having the most diverse and exciting diving to be found anywhere in the world from World War II wrecks to numerous offshore reefs, spectacular coral
formations, plummeting walls, manta rays and abundant marine life.
All dives are boat dives with water temperature averaging 28 degrees Celsius. Visibility is usually upwards of 20 metres and troublesome currents are rare.
Trip Dates (2 Trip Options or combine both)
Jenny: 30 April-7 May 2022
Josie: 7-14 May 2022
- 8 days/ 7 Nights ex. Brisbane
- 14 night combined trip from $6793
- Airfares: Return flights ex Brisbane to Gizo flying with Solomon Airlines
- Australian departure taxes and applicable airline taxes ($240 & subject to change)
- 7 nights twin share accommodation at Fatboys Resort - Mbambanga Island Gizo
- Meet & Greet service and return airport transfers by boat in Gizo
- Welcome tropical drink at Fatboys
- Continental breakfast daily at the resort
- Guided local village walk & tour
- Use of standup paddle boards and kayaks
- Snorkelling gear
- Half day poly craft boat hire (fuel not included)
- 10 dives boat dives (2 dives per day)
- Tanks, weights & dive guide services
- Light snacks on diving days
- Not Included: Travel Insurance, Personal spending monies
- Meals: other than specified
- Excess luggage charges.
- Meal Upgrade Packages Available (Must be prepaid)
- Half Board: cooked breakfast & dinner AUD$74 per person per day
- Full Board: cooked breakfast, lunch & dinner AUD$104 per person per day
- Conditions Apply. Rates subject to change without notice.
- $500 Non Refundable Deposit required to secure a spot
- All prices subject to increases if the Australian dollar falls dramatically.
- All prices based on bank transfers, cash or cheque. Credit cards are acceptable but credit card fees apply.