PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course
About the Course
Join the Dive 2000 team to take your diving to the next level with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course. This popular course is designed as a follow on from the PADI Open Water Diver Course to provide training and experience in specialised diving opportunities. It certifies the diver to dive to 30m and is the minimum qualification required to dive between 18-30m.
You’ll experience five different types of dives including: Night, Navigation, Deep and 2 other specialty dives Peak Performance Buoyancy & Underwater Naturalist (Marine Life ID). You’ll dive Sydney by day and by night, by boat and by shore. During your course you’ll gain more experience, and become a more comfortable diver making your diving experiences much more enjoyable.
No matter your level of diving experience this is the perfect next step in your diving education. Even experienced Open Water Divers are finding they can be excluded from deeper or more challenging dives as they lack the necessary qualification rather than experience to undertake the dive. Taking this course will help avoid the disappointment of being excluded from some dive sites during your future dive activities or holidays.
The dives you do on this course can count as your first dive towards a specific PADI Specialty Course. Remember that once you have completed five PADI Specialty Courses and your PADI Rescue course you will qualify to apply for your PADI Master Scuba Diver Certification, the highest non-professional qualification in recreational diving.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course is fun and educational and will broaden your diving knowledge making you a safer diver.
Less Credits for any Adventure Dives you have already completed.
Option - For an extra $290 The PADI Enriched Air Course can also be completed during your Terrigal double boat dive-refer to our PADI Enriched Air dive course information.
- You will complete the knowledge development portion of the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course online with PADI eLearning
- Wednesday Evening 7-10pm: Night Dive
- Saturday 8am-3:30pm: Local Shore Dives
- Sunday 8am-3:30pm: Double Boat Dives
- Double boat dive on the wreck of the HMAS Adelaide at Terrigal
- Three shore dives (including a night dive)
- Air fills
- Padi Wall Certificate and PADI Advanced Open Water Diver ID Card
What You Need to Bring
- You will require a complete set of dive gear including two cylinders, compass, slate, and dive knife. A dive light and chemical light stick will be required for the night dive.
- Lunch each day
- Towel, hat and sunscreen.